Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Adios

I'm packing today, well actually that's a lie.

I'm washing and ironing today the stuff that I need to pack tomorrow.
Trying to stop people wearing and dirtying stuff I want to pack because if it doesn't turn up in their wardrobe on holiday they'll complain about it and of course blame me.

Tomorrow we fly to Spain for 2 weeks, actually that's a lie too.

We fly to Faro in Portugal because that's the closest airport and then drive across the border (sounds adventurous already doesn't it?) to Ayamonte.

This will be our 3rd trip to the same place, same complex even (but different apartments) it worked so well the previous years that we thought we'd do it again this year, afterall if it ain't broke don't fix it and when you finally achieve a holiday where the children aren't complaining of boredom every other minute it's a damn miracle!

I think I've got everything sorted out at this end, house/dog sitters (i.e. parents) are safely installed (so don't even think about trying to break in and rob the house, the savage dog is still here!) we've been gradually showing them the ropes - where the wine is, the fridge, the better coffee shops, opening hours for the bakery, Ben has showed my dad how to work the TV/sky/dvd system and now needs to check that he can do it and I've hopefully stocked them up with enough food to last a few days...

So what I'm trying to tell you is that for 2 weeks you're on your own, you'll have to find some other blog to read, but don't get too settled elsewhere because to quote the great Arnie Schwarzenegger

"I'll be back"

1 comment:

Jayne said...

Have a great time!

I'm coming to Germany in September - we've organised a tour (on Harleys, naturally) through Germany, Czech Republic, Hungary, Croatia, Slovenia & Slovakia. Gotta tell ya, I'm looking forward to it!